Looks like 2014 is shaping up to be our best race yet! Thanks to your feedback we’ve added many exciting updates to our event already with more announcements in the months to come. Between a new event, new date, new courses, new charities and new ways to fundraise, take a look at some of the things you can expect to see for next year:
Save the Dates
Health & Fitness Expo – October 17-18, 2014
Race Days – October 18-19, 2014
Saturday, October 18
9:00 AM – 5K
10:30 AM – Kids Fun Run
Sunday, October 19
6:58 AM – Disabilities Division
7:00 AM – Marathon, International Half-Marathon, Marathon Relay
10:30 AM – U.S.-Only Half-Marathon
- Registration opens January 1, 2014 and will remain open until sell-out or August 25, 2014. Please note our domestic races, the U.S.-Only Half-Marathon, 5K and Kids Fun Run, will remain open until September 30, 2014.
- Updated rates and increase in overall participants for 2014. Note: Early bird rates will only be available to a limited number of participants or by January 7 – whichever occurs first. Visit our registration page for specific dates, quantities and rates.
- 5K Move to Saturday: New day, new time, new course! The 5K race is moving to Saturday in an effort to expand the field and create a more safe and unique course. Double up and run an event on Sunday, too, if you’re feeling an extra pep in your step.
- NEW Kids Fun Run: Welcome the next generation of runners to Detroit with our first participants in the Kids Fun Run. Make Saturday a family-filled day by running the 5K and staying after to cheer on the youngster in your life.
- U.S.-Only Half-Marathon: Please note the revised time change to 10:30 AM for the 2014 event. We have also increased next year’s prize purse for those looking for a nice pay day.
- Competitive Walks: Our previous Competitive Walk events have been incorporated into their respective “run” categories. In other words, we still invite walkers to participate, however no plaques will be awarded.
- New Charity Partners: We are excited to welcome four new organizations to our official charity partner program. Please consider supporting the American Lung Association, Defeat the Label, Humble Design and the YMCA of Metro Detroit, through a donation during registration, as well as the other 21 returning charities.
- Crowdrise Fundraising: Fundraising for many of our charity partners will now take place through Crowdrise, a unique platform that encourages raising money online for charity and having the most fun in the world while doing it.