Registration for our 2017 official training program is now closed. For information on this year’s program, please read below.
We have partnered with the Lydiard™ Foundation, Running Lab and Gazelle Sports to bring personalized training programs for runners! Delivered on a simple, digital platform called Running Wizard, runners will be able to train for the Detroit Free Press/Chemical Bank Marathon.
Participants will be able to train with local certified coaches and enjoy the comradery of training groups managed by Gazelle Sports and Running Lab. This training is based upon the Lydiard™ Method, developed by Arthur Lydiard, which is a highly-personalized plan for each runner’s fitness level, history, health and goals. To learn more about the Lydiard Foundation, please click below.
When you purchase a Running Wizard Training Plan you receive:
- An easy-to-follow and inspiring Lydiard schedule
- Detailed daily workouts tailor-made for your fitness level
- Training phases to progressively develop faster paces
- A choice of 4 – 7 training days per week
- A choice of Saturday, Sunday or Monday long run
- Progressive training paces and HR ranges
- Effort guidelines
- The Daily Recovery Indicator Index to monitor your training
- Expert guidance, training tips and how-to advice
- The premier training log of Final Surge and their mobile app (including GPS watch integration) to track your progress
- The option for coaches to upgrade to the Final Surge coaching package so that they can monitor and coach their own athletes through the training log