As you have probably heard by now, this year we are taking the Detroit Free Press/TCF Bank Marathon Weekend virtual. While we are disappointed that we will not be able to be together downtown this October, we are really excited about the virtual options we will be bringing to all participants this October.
If you decide to join us virtually, you will receive:
- A premium tech shirt with your registered distance on it.
- Photos featured here!
- A 2020 medal for your registered distance and bonus: Motor City Challenge Participants will receive a medal for each distance they complete as well as a Motor City Challenge Medal.
- Medal design graphics can be found here!
- Your own Detroit Free Press/TCF Bank Marathon Bib, with room for customization, to help bring the race day experience to your own backyard.
- All Motor City Challenge Participants will receive a Motown-themed pullover in addition to the participant shirt for the highest individual distance they complete.
- This means that The Temptation participants will also get a 5k shirt, The Wonder participants will also get a 13.1 shirt and The Supreme participants will also get a 26.2 shirt.
- Photos of the pullover and participant shirts can be found here!
- We are committed to bringing as many aspects of the race day experience to you and will be sharing more goody bag details as we get closer to the event!
- BONUS, add on this Premium Virtual Jacket brought to you by TCF Bank, featured below:
Check out the size chart here!
Questions about how our virtual race will work? Check out our FAQ page. Still have questions? Shoot us an email at Support@freepmarathon.zendesk.com.
Virtual registration prices available below:
5K, 1-Mile and Kids: $40
Your new registration includes everything you see above EXCEPT the Premium Virtual Jacket brought to you by TCF Bank. Those jackets are available as an add on to your registration for an additional fee.
Virtual Registration closes on September 30, 2020 at 11:59pm ET.
To register for our virtual race, please visit the link below:
If we still haven’t convinced you to join us virtually in 2020, consider these ten reasons below:
1) It’s as competitive as you want it to be.
2) You can do it wherever you want.
3) The start time is much more flexible.
4) You can leave your passport at home this year!
5) It’s a great time for gear or food testing!
6) It can motivate you to keep on running.
7) A virtual race is a perfect time to try out a longer distance!
8) It’s an embarrassment-free zone.
9) The same great swag!
10) No Porta-Potty Lines!