Yes, we offer gear check! “Gear check” is a valet service where we will hold your personal belongings while you are participating in one of our events. Your bib number identifies your bag and is your claim check. The following rules apply:
- You must use the clear bag that we provided as a goodie bag to store your gear, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- We will mark and store your bags by bib number.
- The contents of your bag must be visible. Therefore, no back packs, duffle bags or any other secondary storage device that would conceal the contents are allowed inside the clear bag.
- We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items. Please do not pack valuable items such as car keys, wallets or money.
- If you forget to pick up your bag, you may call the marathon office to check to see if we have it, then claim it at our office at 160 W. Fort St, Detroit. We will keep the bags for one week, then we will donate the contents of unclaimed bags to charity.
- You will claim your bag at the same location that you dropped it off at, except for the U.S.-Only Half-Marathon. For this event, we will transport any bag that you dropped off at the start line to the finish line gear check location.
Gear check for the Marathon, International Half-Marathon and the Marathon Relay opens on Sunday morning at 5:30 AM. The location is in the CONQUERED: The Official Afterparty lot, at the corner of West Lafayette Blvd and Third Street.
U.S.-Only Half-Marathon gear check drop off opens at 9:30 AM at Cadillac Square and Bates St, near the start line. Pick up is in the CONQUERED: The Official Afterparty lot on the northeast corner of W Lafayette Blvd and Third Street, northeast of the finish line.
5K gear check opens at 7:30 in William G. Milliken Sate Park, next to Packet Pick-Up (in the pavilion closest to the Detroit River)