Transfers to new participants
You can transfer your registration to a new participant until August 24, 2020 at 11:59pm. Sharing bib numbers or registrations with new individuals without completing an official transfer is considered a felony due to the international component of our race.
To complete a transfer, please follow the below instructions.
- The current participant (let’s say Tom) visits this link (or http://www.imathlete.com/events/detroit-marathon-2020/editreg). Tom will need his confirmation code, which can also be emailed to him.
- Tom selects “TRANSFER: give your slot to someone else” and follows the instructions to transfer his registration. He’ll need the new runner’s full name, email address and phone number (let’s say this new runner is Jerry).
- The new runner (Jerry) will receive an email with instructions on how to register for the event, and upon completion of registration will pay the $30 transfer fee.
- Any refund to Tom will be done offline, in between individuals.
Please note, Jerry MUST fully register and accepts Tom’s registration for the transfer to be complete. The entire transfer including registering for the new event must be done by the deadline. Afterward, Jerry can confirm his registration here.
Transfers to a different event
Participants who are currently registered for any event can transfer to a new event for a $30 transfer fee. Transfers can be made into any event until August 24, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Participants can visit this link (or http://www.imathlete.com/events/detroit-marathon-2020/editreg) and follow the instructions for “CHANGE: change your race or registration class”. Any difference in price will be charged in addition to the transfer fee.
Defer your registration to 2020
Participants who can no longer participate in the 2020 event can defer their entry to 2021’s event. Just visit this link (or http://www.imathlete.com/events/detroit-marathon-2020/editreg) and follow the instructions to defer your entry. Upon completing the deferral, you will receive a code that will allow you to register for 2021’s event. Please note that deferrals must re-register in 2021 as your registration is not automatically carried over! There is a $30 deferral fee.
- You can only defer once (meaning if you defer in 2020 to 2021, you cannot defer again from 2021 to 2022).
- You can defer your entry up until Tuesday, September 8th at 11:59pm.