Saturday, Oct. 14, and Sunday, Oct. 15, 2023
Most of the below information is for the 2022 Motor City Challenge Series. The 2023 approach will be similar, so we’re keeping the 2022 information live for context. But please check back for updates as registration opens and the marathon weekend approaches.
Registration for 2023 events begins at 12:01 a.m. Jan. 1. Register here. Ensure lowest prices by registering early!
The Motor City Challenge Series is for anyone who wants to run more than one event during Detroit’s Marathon Weekend. Choose from any of the three options below and show the Motor City what you’re made of! You’ll get individual medals for every race you complete!
The Temptation: 1-Mile + 5K
The Wonder: 1-Mile + 5K + International Half-Marathon
The Supreme: 1-Mile + 5K + Marathon
Challenge Series FAQs
Q: This is awesome! How do I register?
A: During registration just select the challenge that you are running! There will be options for The Temptation, The Wonder and The Supreme. Do not sign up for each individual race if you want to complete a challenge. Instead, just simply sign up for the specific challenge you are interested in.
Q: Do Challenge Series participants get any fun swag?
A: You betcha! Information on the Challenge Series will be released throughout the year.
Q: What if I signed up for one race, and want to switch to a Challenge event?
A: You can transfer into a Challenge Series like any other transfer! More information about transfers can be found here.
Q: When is this event again?
A: Updated for 2023: The 5K and 1-Mile are on Saturday, Oct. 14. The Marathon and International Half-Marathon are on Sunday, Oct. 15.
Q: Can I defer my Challenge Registration?
A: Yes, For Challenge Series, you will only have to self-defer one event in the series and pay the deferral fee at that time. Then, you will need to reach out to request deferral of other event(s) in the challenge series at no cost. See below for deferral instructions:
- Log into your EnMotive Account here. Click ‘Registrations’ and find your current 2022 registration for our event.
- In the right corner of your registration, click on the three dots.
- Select “Defer to another event.”
- From the event dropdown menu, select “2023 Detroit Free Press Marathon,” then follow the prompts to complete the deferral.
- Once your self-deferral for your one race is complete, you will need to reach out to email@example.com to complete the process.
- You will receive an email with your 2023 event information. You will not need to re-register when 2023 registration opens.
- Challenge deferral order:
- Self-defer 5K-Temptation ($15)
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request deferral for 1 Mile-Temptation.