Update May 21, 2020

Published On: April 21st, 2020Categories: COVID-19

As stated in April, we are committed to providing monthly updates to the status of our October race weekend.  We are still monitoring the situation closely and working with our local, state, federal and international public safety officials. In addition we are consulting with other industry leaders to understand the potential modifications our event landscape could see in the future. While our planning continues and we are hopeful about having a race this October, we have been working through multiple contingency options if we were forced to modify.

We recognize that 20 week training plans are kicking off and many participants have questions about how they should proceed due to the immense planning that goes into participating in an endurance event.  Our recommendation is to take advantage of the improved weather and begin those programs in preparation for fall.

Although we don’t have a final decision yet, we are confident that we will be able to share more details the week of June 22.

At this time we can share that if the event cannot take place October 17 – 18, we will be unable to hold the event on another date in 2020 and will communicate alternative options.  If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us on our Facebook page or at support@freepmarathon.zendesk.com. Thank you.