Thank you so much for joining us virtually in 2020! While this year was not at all what we had imagined when registration opened in January of 2020, our team has cherished the spirit and enthusiasm our 3,700 participants have shared with us virtually. As we wrap up this unique race month, we wanted to say thank you with this appreciation ad. The following image ran in the Detroit Free Press on October 18, 22 and 23. If you weren’t able to pick up a copy, feel free to save this one as a remembrance of the year over 3,700 people came together for our virtual event. The image may not be reproduced for personal gain.
Questions about how our virtual race will work? Check out our FAQ page. Still have questions? Shoot us an email at Support@freepmarathon.zendesk.com.
How to Submit Your Time:
- There are three ways to access your results page:
- Find the Results & Photos tile on the Virtual Detroit Free Press/TCF Bank Marathon Event App powered by Playmakers found in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Scan the QR Code at the bottom of your bib.
- Visit https://www.freepmarathon.com/virtualresults/ and search by your last name to find your individual page.
- Once you have located your individual page you will be prompted to select your distance from a drop-down menu and enter your finish time. There is no chip in your bib and you will need to keep track of your time on your own. Upon entering your time you will then be placed into the official leaderboard for your category. Here you will be able to compare yourself to your fellow finishers and download your official finisher certificate.
- On the same results page, you will have the opportunity to upload your virtual finish line photos presented by Meijer where you can add on official event overlays and stickers to complete your race day experience!
If we still haven’t convinced you to join us virtually in 2020, consider these ten reasons below:
1) It’s as competitive as you want it to be.
2) You can do it wherever you want.
3) The start time is much more flexible.
4) You can leave your passport at home this year!
5) It’s a great time for gear or food testing!
6) It can motivate you to keep on running.
7) A virtual race is a perfect time to try out a longer distance!
8) It’s an embarrassment-free zone.
9) The same great swag!
10) No Porta-Potty Lines!