As you have probably heard by now, this year we are taking the Detroit Free Press/TCF Bank Marathon Weekend virtual. While we are disappointed that we will not be able to be together downtown this October, we are really excited about the virtual options we will be bringing to all participants this October.
If you decide to join us virtually, you will receive:
- A premium tech shirt with your registered distance on it.
- Photos featured here!
- A 2020 medal for your registered distance and bonus: Motor City Challenge Participants will receive a medal for each distance they complete as well as a Motor City Challenge Medal.
- Medal design graphics can be found here!
- Your own Detroit Free Press/TCF Bank Marathon Bib, with room for customization, to help bring the race day experience to your own backyard.
- All Motor City Challenge Participants will receive a Motown-themed pullover in addition to the participant shirt for the highest individual distance they complete.
- This means that The Temptation participants will also get a 5k shirt, The Wonder participants will also get a 13.1 shirt and The Supreme participants will also get a 26.2 shirt.
- Photos of the pullover and participant shirts can be found here!
- We are committed to bringing as many aspects of the race day experience to you and will be sharing more goody bag details as we get closer to the event!
- BONUS, add on this Premium Virtual Jacket brought to you by TCF Bank, featured below:
Check out the size chart here!
Questions about how our virtual race will work? Check out our FAQ page. Still have questions? Shoot us an email at Support@freepmarathon.zendesk.com.
Race Packet Pick-Up and Mailing:
From Thursday, October 8 to Tuesday, October 13 we will be offering five in-person packet pick-up options for those located in metro Detroit! Attending these in-person packet pick-up options is the only and easiest way to ensure you will have your packet before race weekend! Check out all locations and times below:
New Balance Troy
Thursday, October 8, 2020 from 1pm to 6pm
821 E Big Beaver Rd
Troy, MI 48083
Gazelle Sports Birmingham
Friday, October 9, 2020 from 10am to 4pm
99W Maple Rd
Birmingham, MI 48009
Gazelle Sports Northville
Saturday, October 10, 2020 from 10am to 4pm
39737 Traditions Dr
Northville, MI 48168
Monday, October 12, 2020 from 2pm to 7pm
2299 W Grand River Ave
Okemos, MI 48864
441 W Canfield St
Detroit, MI 48201
Tuesday, October 13, 2020 from noon to 5:30pm
To take advantage of one of these opportunities, please come to the location at the designated date and time with your confirmation number handy. We will be enforcing all efforts to social distance, so please bring a face covering and be prepared to wait in line if necessary to comply with state guidelines.
Anyone who does not come to the in-person packet pick-up events will have their packets mailed out at no cost following the conclusion of the last event on October 13,2020. Once all shipments have been processed, participants who have opted to receive their packets by mail will be notified via email.
How to Submit Your Time:
- There are three ways to access your results page:
- Find the Results & Photos tile on the Virtual Detroit Free Press/TCF Bank Marathon Event App powered by Playmakers found in the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Scan the QR Code at the bottom of your bib.
- Visit https://www.freepmarathon.com/virtualresults/ and search by your last name to find your individual page.
- Once you have located your individual page you will be prompted to select your distance from a drop-down menu and enter your finish time. There is no chip in your bib and you will need to keep track of your time on your own. Upon entering your time you will then be placed into the official leaderboard for your category. Here you will be able to compare yourself to your fellow finishers and download your official finisher certificate.
- On the same results page, you will have the opportunity to upload your virtual finish line photos presented by Meijer where you can add on official event overlays and stickers to complete your race day experience!
If we still haven’t convinced you to join us virtually in 2020, consider these ten reasons below:
1) It’s as competitive as you want it to be.
2) You can do it wherever you want.
3) The start time is much more flexible.
4) You can leave your passport at home this year!
5) It’s a great time for gear or food testing!
6) It can motivate you to keep on running.
7) A virtual race is a perfect time to try out a longer distance!
8) It’s an embarrassment-free zone.
9) The same great swag!
10) No Porta-Potty Lines!