Volunteer and help over 30,000 runners, walkers and hand cyclists cross the finish line in October!
Shifts range in hours and location based on positions. Sign up for one or many! We like all of our volunteers to be 16 years or older; however, if accompanied by a parent or guardian, children are welcome.
- Course Operations – Crew to set up and break down the course before and after events
- Course Monitor – This key position is responsible for being the eyes and ears of the race on the course. Monitors observe conditions on the course; including runners, spectators and traffic. Issues that need attention are addressed by the Monitors or reported to the proper race authority for resolution.
- Relay Bus Captains – Assist relay runners getting to and from their correct relay positions
- Expo Registration and Pick-Up – Distribute numbers and t-shirts to participants
- Finish Chutes – Assist runners with medals and blankets
- Finish Line Operations – Assist with set-up and breakdown of finish areas
- Food Distribution – Assist in organization and distribution of refreshments to runners
- Information Booths – Answer questions from participants, volunteers and spectators
- Shuttle Buses – Assist relay runners with locating, loading and exiting buses
- Start Line Operations – Help distribute signage, assist in crowd direction and control, and clean-up. No heavy lifting
- Goodie Bag Stuffing – Help stuff product and print information into runner bags the weekend prior to race day.
- Any Way I Can – Help with any areas that need assistance
- And many more…
- Opportunity to meet new people
- Free smiles and high-fives from the race participants
- Free t-shirt
- Looks good on your college application, that part of your resume that talks about community involvement and provides good karma
- Invite to a post-race Volunteer Thank-You Party
Hold up! I’m with a group that would like to register!
We love volunteer groups! Best positions for groups include relay exchange operations, packet pick-up, finish chute/food distribution and gear check. You can sign up as a group during volunteer registration.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any volunteer registration questions.