Share your journey. Become an Ambassador.
Our Ambassador Program is an opportunity for both local and non-local runners who will be running in any of our 2019 events to become the face of the Detroit Free Press/Chemical Bank Marathon!
Who you might be: You might be a marathon fanatic. Maybe you’re a casual runner. Most importantly, you embody the strength and togetherness of the running community. We will be looking for those who are active in their respective local running communities, on social media and in person.
Our ambassadors will serve as both race representatives and a consulting team – we will look to them to promote our race, answer questions, and provide feedback, tips and new ideas.
Ambassadors serve from March 1 to October 31, 2019, and are encouraged to reapply to continue on for future years.
Applications are now closed!
What you’ll get:
- Free entry to any one (1) of our races – if you have already registered, we will refund your registration price
- Official ambassador gear and swag from our team and sponsors
- Online recognition, including sharing your story and a profile on our website
- Tickets to our VIP Breakfast on Marathon Sunday (read: warm coffee and clean bathrooms before the start of the race)
- Additional opportunities during race weekend including media coverage, interviews, extra giveaways, etc.
- Additional incentives based on involvement
- Insider access to the Detroit Free Press/Chemical Bank Marathon
- A new group of running friends with whom you can connect with through social media, meet-ups, group runs and more
What we’ll ask of you:
- Spread the word of the Detroit Free Press/Chemical Bank Marathon
- Post at least three times per month on each applicable social channel (posts can range from updates to announcements to training photos – we will work with ambassadors to create content)
- Positively engage with the Detroit Free Press/Chemical Bank Marathon and running community on and offline
- Post link to the Detroit Free Press/Chemical Bank Marathon website in bios and other appropriate places online
- Participate in surveys and regularly give feedback to marathon staff
- Be available in your ambassador role during, and leading up to, Marathon Weekend (duties to be determined)
- Race weekend support, including at least a 4-hour volunteers shift (we will work with you to make sure your race schedule is not affected)
Please note, ambassadors are a volunteer role, not employee, freelance or contractor. We will not subsidize travel or training expenses or issue payment for related activities.
Jan. 16 – 31: Applications
Feb. 1 – 15: Internal review by Race Staff
Feb. 18 – 23: New 2019 Race Ambassadors notified
Mar. 1: 2019 Race Ambassadors announced
For questions, please contact Leah Yanuszeski at email@example.com or 313-222-2529.