October 18-20, 2013
There are volunteer positions for every type of person – whether you want to be at the center of the competition or behind the scenes.
Registration opens soon.
- Course Operations – Crew to set up and break down the course before and after events
- Course Marshal – Volunteers make sure the runners stay on course and watch out for any safety issues
- Expo Registration and Pick Up – Distribute numbers and t-shirts to participants
- Finish Chutes – Assist runners with medals and blankets
- Finish Line Operations – Assist with set up and break down of finish areas
- Food Distribution – Assist in organization and distribution of refreshments to runners
- Information Booths – Answer questions from participants, volunteers and spectators
- Shuttle Buses – Assist relay runners with locating, loading and exiting buses
- Start Line Operations – Help distribute signage, assist in crowd direction and control, and clean-up. No heavy lifting
- Goodie Bag Stuffing – Help stuff product and print information into runner bags the weekend prior to race day.
- Any Way I Can – Help with any areas that need assistance
- Opportunity to meet new people
- Free smiles from the race participants
- Free t-shirt
- Looks good on your college application
- Invite to a post-race Volunteer Thank You Party, hosted by Star Lanes in Royal Oak
For more information, contact Matt Scodellaro at email@example.com or at 313-222-2492.