As stated in April, we are committed to providing monthly updates to the status of our October race weekend. We are still monitoring the situation closely and working with our local, state, federal and international public safety officials. In addition we are consulting with other industry leaders to understand the potential modifications our event landscape could see in the future. While our planning continues and we are hopeful about having a race this October, we have been working through multiple contingency options if we were forced to modify.
We recognize that 20 week training plans are kicking off and many participants have questions about how they should proceed due to the immense planning that goes into participating in an endurance event. Our recommendation is to take advantage of the improved weather and begin those programs in preparation for fall.
Although we don’t have a final decision yet, we are confident that we will be able to share more details the week of June 22.
At this time we can share that if the event cannot take place October 17 – 18, we will be unable to hold the event on another date in 2020 and will communicate alternative options. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us on our Facebook page or at email@example.com. Thank you.
We are closely monitoring the current COVID-19 situation as it relates to Detroit and the greater community by maintaining a line of communication with our local, state, federal and international public safety officials.
As of now, we are still working to make 2020 the best year yet. We understand and share the many questions still to be answered, not only with our race, but about what our world is going to look like six months from now. While we are still hopeful about seeing you at the start line this October, we are evaluating all of the viable options if our weekend can not take place in October as planned. We are committed to sharing monthly updates as we move through the spring. We are wishing you all good health as we navigate the days, weeks, and months ahead. We expect to have our next update available by Mid-May.